Monday, January 5, 2009

Excitemike

Hey Everybody,
As this Christmas/New Years break is wrapping up for me here in the Thumb (the stay here has been great and much needed), I can't help but feeling ultra-excited for the final semester of school and then...(pause for drum-roll)...my cross cultural to Japan!!! (I thought about throwing 4 exclamation marks in there, but three should suffice.) For those who might be wondering, I am spending the summer of 2009 in the Chiba Prefecture of Japan. It is an 11 week program in which I will be studying the language and primarily teaching in a Kindergarten. On the weekends, we will have the opportunity to travel, see the sights, and really soak in more of the Japanese history and culture. What an opportunity, right!!?

I feel like this break might be the final long-stretch of time that I spend living with my parents. I'm sure that they will welcome me back to stay if I need a place but it just might never be quite the same. No more summers at home wake boarding and fishing. No more runnin the streets with Mitch and Jackson. Actually, we never really ran any streets...No more Little Caesars!? I can only hope and pray for that one...

All in all, folks, consider me extremely blessed and grateful to have such an awesome opportunity. I can't wait to share my thoughts, pictures, and stories about the trip right here on this blog. In the meantime, I will fill you in on my last semester at SAU!

HollerBack.Mike.

P.ost S.cript.
So does anyone remember that sweet game for Nintendo called Excitebike? I sure do. That is why I've titled this blog "Exitemike." I am excited for Japan. And life? Sure. Here's a pic to help you remember and reminisce. If anyone still has a working NES, I'll take you on in a game.

No comments: