Wednesday, January 7, 2009

US 23-Traffic like molasses? or icier than Jay-Z?

Here I sit.
Yes, in my Blue S-10 that is too old to be operating in conditions like this.
No, this S10 doesn’t like this weather. She’s a Florida girl. Dad got her for ME when I was 14.
Yes, with my 3 surviving fish, swimming next to me in a used caramel-popcorn tub. Hopefully they are a bit more resilient than the rest.
No, fish aren't always food.
Yes, with the roads slicker than Joe’s rink, right after a zamboni has worked its magic.
No, the roads are not clearing. A Zamboni might make it less slippery.
Yes, as NPR announces that there is freezing rain in Ann Arbor and that the side walks might be icy. "USE EXTREME CAUTION IF YOU ARE WALKING YOUR DOG," they say.
No, NPR isn’t only for sophisticated liberals.
Yes, as the Fed Ex driver next to me, the poor soul, found himself quickly on his bottom as he was attempting to clean his mirror.
No, Fed Ex men don’t fall often; but, when they do, it is funny stuff.
Yes, as the Buick LeSabre’s and Honda Civic’s are performing illegal maneuvers going “off” an “on” ramp.
No, illegal maneuvers might not really be so illegal in this situation. Still dangerous though!
Yes, as flashing lights that would certainly send some into an epileptic fit, go blaring past me in the night.
No, I’m not epileptic. But those lights have given me a headache, nonetheless.
Yes, with truck full of ones college necessities.
No, fish are not a college necessity.
Yes, with lap full of said necessities.
No, lap is not enjoying necessities.
Yes, as necessities in truck bed are getting sleeted upon.
No, necessities in back are not waterproof.
Yes, as teenager in front of me got out of his vehicle and is now performing “The Moonwalk” for all of us stranded journeymen and women.
No, “The Moonwalk” was not performed quite like that.
Yes, as the perfect arrow between the “E” and the “X” on the Fed Ex truck to my right is ironically point me back in the direction of either home, Canada, or at least away from some sort of accident.
No, I cannot go back. Life, education, SPRING ARBOR is calling.
Yes, as girl in front of me just grabbed her pink Compaq from her trunk. Maybe she’s blogging too.
No, I do not wish I had a pink Compaq. My white Mac is just fine.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I LOVE this. Funny stuff. And you did it all for a girl... :)
Love, Your Sister

Anonymous said...

what a day in the life of a traveler.. .. Did a girl tug on your strings and side track your truck ??
thank me for the salt bags. Love pops